Saturday, July 26, 2014

Standstill

I have come to a standstill with my hair and I don't know what to do. I am at the point of needing a change. I feel as if I am stuck in length and hairstyles. My hair doesn't seem to be growing and I'm not certain what I'm doing wrong. I definitely keep it cleansed by washing it every two weeks. I clarify it with ACV once a month or more if needed to aid in ridding my hair of product build up. I can say that 95% of the time my hair is in protective styles. I deep condition almost ever time I wash my hair. I have read conflicting messages about trimming so I do so sparingly.

Last summer, I had Havanna twists installed and I think I either kept them in too long or I can't do synthetic hair. Either way when I took them out my hair wasn't a strong as it was before I had them put in my hair, so I may partially be still recovering from that fiasco.

Currently, I switch between two strand twist, twist outs, and bantu knot outs. I'm bored with these styles. I want to straighten my hair, but I have read horror stories about heat damage, so I decided to wait until I find a natural hair stylist that I trust to straighten it or I get the nerve to try it myself.

This is my 40 year so I am all about go big or go home so to change things up a bit perhaps a nice cut would help. I don't really care about length but I do want healthy hair. Hmmm....change is a coming.




aWordfromSmith


No comments:

Post a Comment